Create a Space
In ZEP, one metaverse area or unit is called a Space. Each Space is made up of one or more maps.
Ready to create your own Space? Once you sign in to ZEP, click the Create Space button.
Create Your Own Metaverse!
ZEP has many ways to create maps.
Choose a Template
Start from an Empty Map
Buy a Map
Choose a template that has already been prepared for you to get started quickly!
From small offices for 10 workers to massive offices for 200, a variety of workspace map templates are available. Looking to party? Choose one of our party rooms, a beachside map, or a secret house in the woods—you can create a wide variety of Spaces just by using the many ZEP templates.
If you want to be creative, you can design your own Space by clicking Start with an Empty Map. This will take you to the Map Editor where you can use various tiles and objects to create a custom map.
You can purchase fun maps created by various creators from the ZEP Asset Store and create your Space with the purchased maps!
There are three ways to access the Space settings menu:
- From the map Play screen → Click Host Menu → Click Detailed Space Settings
- From the Map Editor → Click on the gear icon () in the top right⚙
- From My Spaces (zep.us/spaces/me) → Click on the three dots to the right of the map’s name → Click on Space Settings
Explanation of Space Settings Fields
- 1.Name: Write the name of your Space here. (Up to 30 characters)
- 2.Description: Write a description of your Space here. (Up to 80 characters)
- 3.Thumbnail: Attach the image that you want to show when sharing your Space link.
- 4.Blocked Keywords: Type the words that you want to be blocked in your Space here. Separate each keyword with a comma.
- 5.Visibility: Select one out of the three types of visitor accessibility options available.
- Private (Only whitelisting)Whitelisting means creating a list that allows only specific users to enter the Space. This can be configured on the Whitelist setting.ℹ
- Private (Password)
- 6.Password: Set the password if the Visibility is set to Private. (Up to 30 characters)
- 7.Entry Map: Set which map users are sent to first when visiting a Space.
- 8.Limit Email Domain: By entering a domain here, you can limit access to users who are logged in using an email from that domain.Disable access for users who are not signed in = Guests are not allowed.ℹ
- 9.Whitelist: A list that allows only specific users to enter the Space.Please check more information on setting a whitelist here.ℹ
- 10.Maximum Number of Visitors: Set a limit to the number of users that can access your Space. If the Space is full, no more users can enter.
- 11.Download Visit History: Download the record of users who have accessed the Space. While a visit history can be downloaded for any date, you need to request a window of time that is 24 hours or less.
- Email / Joined Time / Left Time / Connection Time / Total Connection Time
How to set up a whitelist
- 1.Set the Visibility setting to Private (Only whitelisting).
- 2.Click Download Guestlist and fill it out.
- 3.Save the guestlist as a CSV file.
- 4.Click Upload to upload the guestlist.
- 5.Click Append if you need to edit or add to the guestlist.
Note for Filling Out the Guestlist CSV file
- Email (Column A): This is a required field and only accounts registered with ZEP can be invited. Please make sure you enter the registered email correctly.
- Name (Column B): Enter to set the user’s nickname. If left blank, the user can freely change their nickname.
- Group (Column C): Currently in testing
- Description (Column D): Currently in testing